Sunday 22 May 2011

Uni is over... what next?

I am at that disheartening stage in life where I have finished my English degree, and yet I'm still unsure as to what I want to do with my life. I am made to feel like a failure, whether intentional or not, when people constantly ask me, 'so, what are you going to do with your English degree?' - Pure and simple, I have no straight answer for them. Statistics suggest that, on average, people change their careers 5 to 7 times during their lifetime; so it always baffles me when people my age and younger are made to feel like they should know exactly what kind of profession they want to pursue. Saying that, now that I am no longer tied down to looming deadlines and revising for exams I have had a careers meeting, which has opened my eyes to the world of www.prospects.ac.uk. It provides graduates with an insane amount of information, whether you know what you want to do or not. I certainly have a lot of reading to get through over the next few days, if not week. I just wish I'd of known about this site sooner!

I'll let you know how my career search pans out, but until then wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment