Wednesday 24 August 2011

Pixiwoo/Avon Launch


Hey Beauts,

At the beginning of this month I got the amazing opportunity to help out the beauty team at more! magazine... and it was just, WOW! During my first week there I was asked if I wanted to go to the Pixiwoo/Avon launch. I have been an avid fan of Avon's make-up for over 6years now, and I have watched pretty much all of Pixiwoo's youtube videos - so naturally I jumped at the chance to go. I just wanted to share my findings with you guys :)

First and foremost I'm afraid this collection won't be out until October, but I just had to share a quick sneak preview with you guys!


When it comes to my eye make-up I am a girl who strives for a high-pigmented colour finish which is forever fashioned on celebrities. Thanks to a little tip from Sam (one half of Pixiwoo) I now know how to create the desired effect! Yipee! Start off by applying Glimmerstick Diamonds Eyeliner (£6) all over the eyelid, then add your chosen shade from the True Colour Eyeshadow Quad (£8.50) and watch the magic happen. The eyeshadow latches onto the Glimmerstick base which enhances the colour to create a more intense, vibrant, and long-lasting finish. Check it out for yourselves below - the faint purple eyeshadow is without the eyeliner underneath, and the more intense colour has got the eyeliner underneath - look at the difference!


Another product that Pixiwoo are launching with Avon is the Nailwear Pro Nail Enamel (£6) which comes in four gorgeous colours - Gleaming Gold, Sequined Turqoise, Violetta Sparkle and Mercury Metal. I can tell that the Sequined Turqouise shade is going to become a staple in my autumn/winter make-up kit as it's just so fresh and different to anything I have tried before.

I was also given a sample of the Glazewear Sparkle Lip Gloss (£6) in Gleaming Gold. It is very sheer but it does leave your lips with a nice gold shimmer. I think it will be the perfect lipgloss for Christmas.

Last but by no means least you have the SuperEnchant Mascara (£8.50). Now, I have always been a fan of Avon's mascaras and I'm happy to say that this one does not disappoint. It enhances my already fairly long lashes and doesn't leave me with a 'spider's leg' effect (which is a pet hate of mine!).


Avon are also proudly celebrating their 125th birthday this year so they gave each of us a personalised Avon goody bag - I will be testing out these products over the next week and a blog will follow.

So what do you reckon girls?? Are you as excited as I am about this launch??

No comments:

Post a Comment